We’re a reflective bunch here at Memwah. We like to take every opportunity to reflect on the people we love. And with Father’s Day not too far away, we’re thinking about the men in our lives.
It’s often the little things dad does that mean the most. Like giving the kids a bath every night, taking them out for a ride so you can have a break, or calling when they know you’re feeling low!
What about you? When you think about the dad in your life, what comes to mind? Maybe you reflect on their unwavering support, wise advice, or the cringe dad jokes they make at awkward moments!
Every dad is different, and this is what makes them so special. But does dad know why he’s special? When was the last time you told him?
This Father’s Day, we’re only giving dad meaningful gifts. No socks this year! Life is short and we’re on a mission to make everyone know they’re loved, starting with dad.
So, with that in mind, here are 3 meaningful Father’s Day gifts you can give your special man this year.
1. A care package full of his favourite things
Does dad love cooking? Craft beer? History novels? Instead of buying one gift this Father’s Day, show dad how well you know him with a collection of his favourite things.
You can make this gift even more thoughtful. Think of some of the special times you have shared together. Maybe it was a fun family holiday or an extra special Christmas. Choose gifts that represent these occasions and write a story
to include with the present.
If you’re buying a gift for the father of your kids, why not make it a treasure hunt? Hide the gifts around the house and write down clues to where he can find the next one. A fun time for him and the kids!
2. Plan a DIY “Dad Day” experience
Bought gifts are great, but experiences are what we cherish the most. Make new memories and show dad you love his company by organising a meaningful experience.
Here are some ideas:
- Plan a movie night featuring all his favourite movies
- Organise a games night with snacks
- Cook his favourite meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Get the kids to write a play and perform it to dad
- Make at-home coupons, e.g. chore-free days, massages
- Go for a hike or outdoor activity he loves
Making memories is always special. Dad will appreciate a day dedicated to him!
3. Record a Father’s Day tribute video
It doesn’t have to be a big birthday to give dad a video tribute
! Why wait? Life is short. Now is as good a time as any to show how much you care.
Recording a tribute video is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give. Witnessing your family express their love in a video will get dad tearing up for sure!
These are just a few of the questions you can answer.
- What makes your dad special?
- How would you describe dad?
- What's your favourite memory of them?
- What special talents do they have that others may not know about?
- Tell a funny story about a time you spent together...
- What's their favourite saying?
- What would you say is their greatest achievement?
Does dad deserve something extra thoughtful this Father’s Day? Give him the gift of a tribute video. In just 4 simple steps, you’ll create the most meaningful gift ever.